A comprehensive CO2 management combines ecological and economic advantages. It supports process optimisation as well as resource efficiency regarding costs, energy and time. Your company benefits from a competitive advantage through attractive and sustainable positioning.
An integral CO2 management pays off for every company; irrespective of industry. Swiss Climate has developed a unique model for CO2 management of your company in accordance with ISO 14064-1 and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol. Companies with an integral climate strategy are awarded the Swiss Climate CO2 labels Gold, Silver or Bronze.
Defining an operational climate strategy is the starting point of the consultancy process at Swiss Climate. In order to establish a reliable CO2 management, the climate strategy is part of the business strategy and is lived actively.
- Opportunity and risk analysis for your company and definition of a climate goal
- Stakehodler and industry analysis to adequately position your company
- Analysis of relevant CO2 emission sources and definition of operational goals
- Workshops to define your climate strategy
- Introduction of a goal-oriented and integral climate strategy
- Support from employees thanks to raised awareness
- Attractive and more sustainable positioning
Swiss Climate supports you in calculating your company’s CO₂ footprint (also called: greenhouse gas inventory or ecological footprint). We develop informative key figures on the climate relevant greenhouse gases and demonstrate how to reduce your emissions.
- Calculation of CO₂ footprint in accordance with international standards (ISO 14064-1 and Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
- Plausibility checks with available CO₂ footprints
- Consultancy on selection and definition of system boundaries and CO₂ emission factors
- IT tools to simplify data collection
- Analysis and reports, including assessment of status quo
- Assessment of status quo
- Minimisation of inefficient work processes by introducing goal-oriented improvement measures
- Basis for sustainability reporting and benchmark analysis
- Feedback mechanism through annual revision
Goal-oriented measures help you to gradually reduce CO₂ emissions which result from your business activities. These resource savings are beneficial for the climate, but also increase cost efficiency. By compensating the non-avoidable CO₂ emissions, your company becomes climate neutral.
- Development of tailored measure catalogues (internal, across the entire value chain, external)
- Quantification of CO₂ emission reductions and cost savings
- Employee trainings and raising awareness
- Communication of subsidies for climate friendly investments
- Communcation of technology partners for selected solutions
- Consultancy on a suitable CO₂ compensation which is aligned with your strategy
- Resource and cost efficiency
- Higher competitiveness by being a role model and public image
- Change and adaptation of outdated behavioural patterns
- Three stepped awards with an externally validated seal of quality: BRONZE CERTIFICATE, SILVER CERTIFICATE or GOLD CERTIFICATE
- Consultancy on developing climate strategies and CO₂ footprints in accordance with ISO 14001 and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Credibility and transparency towards diverse stakeholders
- Improvement of market positions thanks to highest quality of the label
- Higher competitiveness through external validation. Only 40 of the 100 largest companies in Switzerland have their CO₂ fooptrint verified by an independent organisation (CDP report Switzerland 2010).
«Do good and make it known». According to this principle, Swiss Climate supports companies in communicating their climate strategies and their CO₂ management – internally as well as externally. This does not only create a positive public image, but also raises awareness of employees, customers and partner.
- Workshops on developing communication concepts
- Preparation of communication materials (e.g. certificates, logos and media releases)
- Support in internal communication
- Organisation of press conferences
- Support in completing questionnaires from suppliers, investors (e.g. CDP) and other stakeholders
- Credible communication thanks to the CO₂ label
- Positive public image
- Raised awareness of employees
- Motivational driver for employees, customers and partners towards stronger engagement for climate protection