Transport and logistics
Transport and logistics suppliers get increasingly under pressure with regard to sustainability and CO2 reporting. On the one hand, large buyers and other stakeholders demand transparency; on the other hand, legal regulations are increasingly tightened, as for example by DIN EN 16258 or the EU MRV regulation 2015/757 in the shipping industry.
These changing conditions increase the necessity for sustainable and innovative solutions which are economically and ecologically profitable and generate competitive advantages.
Swiss Climate supports logistics and transport companies of every size and across the entire value chain, based on the Swiss Climate model:
- Detailed analysis and calculation of the CO2 footprint
- Competent consultancy on suitable measures to reduce CO2 emissions
- Climate neutral logistics and transport services through compensation of non-avoidable emissions
- Support in targeted communication, e.g. for customer reporting or tenders
- Use of a label, e.g. «climate neutral transport»
In addition, Swiss Climate is an official coach by GS1 Switzerland and supports your company with the Lean & Green certification.
You find more Information on the Lean & Green Award here.
Specific services for the shipping industry
The shipping industry is faced with diverse already existing and upcoming environmental regulations: EU MRV regulation 2015/757, Global MRV regulation 2019, integration of shipping industry into the climate alliance (Goal 2023)
Swiss Climate supports you in developing your climate strategy and in alligning with the regulations:
- Evaluation of existing systems and processes and completion of «gaps» with mandatory data
- Comprehensive analysis of fuels and activity data to identify missing data and execution of plausibility checks
Your contact partner
«To create long-term added value for companies, the environment and coming generations – this is my motivation and conviction!
MA HSG in International Affairs and Governance, University of St. Gallen
BA HSG in International Relations, University of St. Gallen
Lean & Green, MRV guideline, communication, social media and public relations
Salomé Gähwiler has professional experience with SRF Tagesschau and as a project collaborator at the World Resources Forum. At Swiss Climate, she specialises in advising logistics and shipping companies. In addition, she is responsible for communication and event management.