Lean & Green Label
Companies benefit from «green logistics» in the long run, economically as well as ecologically. Swiss Climate advises you on how to develop and implement green logistics.
As an official coach by GS1 Switzerland, Swiss Climate supports companies with the Lean & Green label. The goal of Lean & Green is to reduce CO2 emissions in logistics and warehousing of at least 20% within the 5 years.
Swiss Climate develops an action plan in accordance with the guidelines by GS1 Switzerland. It consists of:
- CO2 baseline measurement of emissions from transportation and warehousing
- Development of a CO2 reduction goal
- Consultancy on defining specific measures to achieve the goal
- Definition and elaboration of these measures
- Calculation of emission reduction potentials
- Exchange on innovative logistics solutions in the Lean & Green network
- Advantage from tenders thanks to bonus points in the environmental section
- Positioning as sustainable and climate friendly companies
- Cost efficiency through modern logistics concepts as well as implementation of internal measures
- Lean & Green label for effective marketing and communication
Lean & Green started as a European-wide initiative in 2008 in the Netherlands. In the meantime, 500 companies in 12 countries have joined. By joining the initiative, companies demonstrate to be willing to share knowledge and their progress made with other members.
Your contact partner
«To create long-term added value for companies, the environment and coming generations – this is my motivation and conviction!
MA HSG in International Affairs and Governance, University of St. Gallen
BA HSG in International Relations, University of St. Gallen
Lean & Green, MRV guideline, communication, social media and public relations
Salomé Gähwiler has professional experience with SRF Tagesschau and as a project collaborator at the World Resources Forum. At Swiss Climate, she specialises in advising logistics and shipping companies. In addition, she is responsible for communication and event management.